Katie Drane from Fun Home Things has nominated Chickadee's Big Ideas for a Liebster Blog Award!
Thanks Katie! You can check out her Liebster blog post by clicking here.
What an awesome honor!
The Rules:1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 new blogs you love and link them in your post.
5. Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!
11 Random things about me:1. I have a dimple in the middle of my forehead.
2. By nature, I'm a terrible photographer but I'm working really hard to take better photos.
|Taken Christmas 2011 (My kiddos and husband)|
|Taken Christmas 2012 (Three of my sisters and niece)|
3. I was raised in a very strict, super religious household (you'd never know it now).
4. I am a giant nerd (and not ashamed). I love technology, sci-fi and fantasy.
5. I love matryoshka dolls (Russian stacking dolls)
6. I keep things that my Granny and Grandmother made near to me because it makes me feel safe and loved.
7. I am a good cook but I don't enjoy it. At my house, its a labor of love.
8. I look forward to the Puyallup (Pew-all-up) Sewing Expo every year like a kid waits for Christmas. It's huge and fun!
9. I went to the Urban Craft Uprising (an indie craft show in Seattle) for the first time this year. I waited in line for 3 hours in the rain and cold for a swag bag.
10. I'm the oldest of 6 children, with 4 younger sisters and 1 younger brother.
11. I've been wearing glasses since I was 11. My nephews think I look really weird without them.
My questions from Katie:
1. When and why did you start blogging?
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
3. What is your favorite holiday?
4. Do you work outside of the home or are you a stay at home mom?
5. If you could meet a famous person, alive or dead, who would it be?
6. How old were you when you went on your first date?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. What is your favorite song and why?
9. Do you have a blogging schedule or do you blog when you feel like it?
10. Are you a city girl or a country girl?
11. What do you love most about your family?
We are a blended, bi-cultural family and we pull it off pretty well (for the most part). We are lucky to live in Seattle where having a blended family is normal and accepted.
|My kiddos and husband, Aaron at the Seattle Aquarium.|
11 questions for the people I nominate:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What are your top 3 must read blogs?
3. What is your favorite day of the week?
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
5. What is the best costume you have worn?
6. What room in the house do you most like to spend time in?
7. What job have you been procrastinating?
8. What song do you love to dance to?
9. If money were no object, where would you live?
10. Do you have any special talents?
11. If you had one wish, what would it be?
11 blogs I love and nominate:
6. Caila made
11. Toot Sweet 4 Two
Nominees: Please leave me a comment with your Liebster post, so I can read up on you! Also, please leave a link back to this post on your blog.